Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Choosehottubsdirect Review Of Movie "Hot Tub Time Machine"


Well I'm sure many people are wondering, why would you even watch a movie with a title that silly? And I totally feel like that thinking I'm crazy for going to this movie is understandable. But I absolutely LOVE stupid movies, and felt like Hot Tub Time Machine would be right up my alley.

About Hot Tub Time Machine


Notable actors- John Cusack, Clark Duke, Craig Robinson, Rob Corddry, Sebastian Stan, Lyndsy Fonseca, Crispin Glover, Chevy Chase (I felt he did horribly in this movie) and a few others who do not need to be mentioned.


The film is basically about four friends who take a weekend trip to an old lodge up in the mountains. They end up getting uncontrollably drunk in their hot tubs and accidentally send themselves back in time to the eighties (ok I love the eighties so this was probably the only part I liked about the movie). They meet the Repair Man (Chevy Chase) and he tells them that they must act out the same actions they made 20 years prior in order to keep the world from changing and turning upside down.

Written by three different writers wasn't good for the movie. The writers (Sean Anders, John Morris and Josh Heald) do not work in conjunction with each other and the movie seems to jump around without much of a plot at times. If you pay attention, you can tell that different writers wrote different parts as the movie had 3 different distinct and clashing writing styles.

I was very annoyed by a couple of the actors, especially Lou (an annoying filthy man). This character who was supposed to be funny was anything but that. The only role he had in the movie was to annoy me (almost unbearable at times) until I almost walked out of the movie.

The best part about hot tub time machine was the acting of John Cusack, who was absolutely hilarious in this hot tubs outfit!

I read a funny comment about this movie on the internet that read "If I had a Hot Tub Time Machine, I would go back to the moment I handed over my money for a movie to this movie and say thanks, but no thanks". I can also say that this pretty much summed up the whole movie for me. The title "Hot Tub Time Machine" says it all, S-T-U-P-I-D. Stay home and spend time in your hot tubs, don't waste your money on this dumb movie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment